blog template

September 14, 2016

So Berry Sweet

Anyone that knows me, knows I like to use punny sentiments on my cards.  When I decided to use this image for my Crafty Gals Corner challenge project, I knew it would have to have a punny sentiment!  The challenge this week is Freestyle, so why not play along.


I thought Spring Strawberry by Star Stampz, would make a cheerful thank you card for someone that is the "berry best"!  I colored her with Copic markers and even attempted a partially ripe strawberry.  I am so pleased with how that turned out!  The sentiment is a Silhouette cut file that I filled and printed instead of cutting.  I look at all of the word files so differently now!

I didn't have a flower that matched, so I used a Stampin' Up! marker in a matching color and dabbed some ink on a white flower.  Then I spritzed it with some water to make the color bleed.  Then I had a matching flower!  I buy a lot of white flowers so that I can customize when I need to.

We have two fabulous sponsors for you with two fabulous shops full of images.  Click the badges below to pop over and take a look.


Prize of 3 preselected digital images

and


Prize of 3 digital images

Freestyle is so fun and easy!  I hope you will play along.

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
Silhouette cut file You Are the Berry Best by Studio B Creations
Spellbinders Elegant Ovals die
The Paper Studio glitter gemstones
Recollections flower
Michaels dollar bin trim




1 comment:

  1. Berry cute card :-) Love your colouring - those strawberries look good enough to eat!
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete