blog template

December 7, 2010

Meljen's Designs Challenge #36

This week's challenge at Meljen's Designs is to make a card based on this sketch created by DT member Lauretta:



I have had an idea for a card rolling around in my head, and this sketch was a great layout to use.  I made the card below for my hubby.  He isn't much into embellishments or girlie things, so I had to restrain myself from adding too much.  The striped cardstock actually has glitter in the red stripes.  I hope he won't notice!!

All of the images are from Meljen's Designs.  I used the I Heart You Badge as the main image and added metal heart embellishments.  I colored it using Copic markers.  The hearts are a freebie called Stitched Country Heart and can be found on the website.  The sentiment is also from a freebie called Honey Bunches, but I cut the word "bunches" off and used it alone. 

Thanks for looking!

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"



3 comments:

Anita said...

Fantastic card! I love all hearts and the dp is so pretty. I'm sure your hubby will love it! Thanks for joining us at MelJen's Designs this week.

Jessica Fitzgerald (aka MommaJess) said...

This is really cute. I just adore that image and great repurposing of the Honey Bunches sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along this week in our Sketch challenge at Meljen's Designs this week!

Jess

Nicole said...

Congratulations!

You are in the TOP FIVE again this week at Meljen's Designs!!
WOOHOO, GO YOU!

Thanks for playing along, we always love seeing your work!

Nicole MD DTC