blog template

April 5, 2011

Meljen's Designs Challenge #52

This challenge this week at Meljen's Designs is a sketch for us to follow that was created by design team member, Dianna.


Dianna allowed for flipping the sketch as desired.  This is my take on the sketch:


This image is from the new realease this week and is called, Victorian Shoe Daisies.  All of the images this week had a vintage feel to them.  They were so wonderful!  You can buy this image at the Whimsy Stamp store.

I colored the image using copics for the boot and prismacolor pencils for the heel and toe.  This is my first time using the pencils, and I have a lot to learn!  I added pearls to the buttons on the boot using a Viva Decor Pearl Pen in cream.  I used the Tea Stain ink pad from the Stampin' Up distressing kit to age the paper.  I crocheted the flower using the pattern I found here.

Card measures 5" x 7"
Pearl Brads from American Crafts



2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the vintage details.


Thank you for joining our sketch challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--

**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

Country Mouse said...

Beautiful card!!! You did a wonderful job with this week's challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Meljen's Designs!
audrey