blog template

October 23, 2011

Color Challenge

The October challenge at the DeNami Design blog is a color challenge.


I always seem to struggle when I am given specific colors to use.  Once I decided on a design for the card, it finally came together for me.


I used Round Leafy Tree and stamped it using Crumb Cake ink from Stampin' Up!.  I used Crystal Lacquer and applied glitter to the leaves of the tree.  I used Labels 18 from Spellbinders to cut out the image and the mat.   I popped up the image layer off of the mat using some foam scraps left from trimming stamps.

Edited to add:  Apparently, I was super inspired by Lisa's card on the DeNami Blog!  When I went to link my card, I realized our trees were very similar! 

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
Spellbinders Label 18 # 3 & # 4
Stampin' Up! Texturz plates-Flourish
Stampin' Up! Pinking Hearts border punch
Martha Stewart Glitter-Brownstone, Fire Opal, Verdelite
American Crafts pearl brad
Paper Studio Spare Parts button brads
seam binding from my stash


5 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Just fabulous!! Love the yummy ribbon and your gorgeous tree :)

Tina M said...

Ohh you shouldn't have worried over the colors given...this is so very pretty!! LOVE the sparkley leaves on the tree and the darling buttons...such a great card! Everything works so well together :)

Paulina said...

This is so pretty, Rae Ann! Love the glitter you added to the tree- it's the perfect touch!

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami Color Challenge!

~Tammy~ said...

Ohhh love the glitzy trees! Beautiful ribbon!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous Rae Anne!! Thanks so much for playing along with DeNami Design!