blog template

March 31, 2014

Getting Springy



It was my turn to post on the Meljen's Designs blog this month.  I am excited by the return of sunshine and warmer weather, so I thought I would post a spring project.


The colors and patterns were inspired by the current Card Makin Mamas photo challenge.


When I saw this picture, I just had to play along!  I decided to step out of my comfort zone and mix patterned paper.  Still not sure how I feel about it!  I used Little Round Flowers from Meljen's Designs and paper pieced the image.  I also popped several layers up on dimensional foam.  The base image was closely cropped with a die so that parts of the image would extend when pieced.  I like how the piecing turned out at least!

And since the card fits into the spring theme over at the Blitsy Linky party, I am going to post it there too! 

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Two
TPC Studios metal embellishments
ribbon and gems from my stash


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great take on our photo inspiration. So glad you stepped out of your comfort zone with the patterned papers.
Thanks for joining us at CMM.