blog template

January 17, 2016

Stop and Smell the Roses

Hello everyone!  Welcome to my first post as a design team member for the Corrosive Challenge blog.  I am so excited to be on this team and to provide you with a little inspiration each month.  This month the theme is New Year's Resolution.  I had to stop and think about my resolution.  I decided that I wanted to worry less and try to take the time to appreciate the small things in life.


Deciding on that resolution led me to choose this stamp called Fairy Wishes by Morgan's Art World.  It seemed to me like she was taking the time to appreciate the flowers.  She was colored with Copic markers and cut out using my Silhouette Cameo.  The sentiment is actually a Silhouette cut file.  I used the software to fill the shape and then printed it out instead of cutting it.  The frame was purchased at the dollar store.  Once it was covered with the lace, you couldn't even tell what it looked like!  I am going to hang this in my craft room once we have settled.  We just moved and everything is in boxes and in total chaos!

We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge.  You can click on the badges below to check out all of the wonderful images on offer in each shop.





Crafty Friends Challenge has a Anything Goes theme.  This fairy wishes to go play in that challenge.

Sweet Stampin' has a Things With Wings challenge.  This fairy is going to stretch her wings and visit that challenge.

Little Miss Muffet Stamps has an anything goes challenge.  This fairy would like to go play in that challenge.

Deep Ocean Challenges has a Something New theme.  This fairy loves her new frame and her new sentiment to go in the frame so she will be visiting the challenge.

Frame measures 8" x 10"
Silhouette Cut File Stop and Smell the Roses by Sophie Gallo
The Paper Studio Spare Parts antique buttons
The Paper Studio Spare Parts antique flowers
Forever in Time fashion buttons (pink & purple)
Michaels Spring metal embellishments
Michales Spring pearls
lace, flowers, and ribbon from my stash




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rae Ann is a beautiful setting, I like to appreciate the small details of life !!! I loved your idea and your digi !!!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous "Thing with wings" entry Rae Ann, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'. Hope you can join our new challenge tomorrow too. Enjoy the weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for sharing your picture frame with the 'Anything Goes' challenge over at CRAFTY FRIENDS... your frame is so lovely and the image is fab.. good luck in the draw and hope to see you again.
Diane Louise (DT) xx

Janice W. said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing with us at LMMS!

Creations by Shirl said...

So picture perfect! Thanks for joining Crafty Friends Challenge!

Haideelum said...

I love your purpose is look more in the small things, we must all do more often! Beautiful each flower and of course the digi has been great!