blog template

April 6, 2012

Tack-ling a New Challenge

Enfys over at Going Buggy has set a fun challenge this month.  She is challenging everyone to use an item on their project that was not intended for paper crafting.


Some time ago on clearance I bought an item not intended for paper crafting with just such a purpose in mind.  I had forgotten about them until this challenge.  I thought I had missed the deadline, only to find out it doesn't end until Monday.  So I dug out my bargain.  Can you find them on my card?

My item not intended for paper crafting are the large "brads" at the bottom.  They are actually not brads.  They are push pins.  I cut the pin part off using a pair of wire cutters.  They actually started life looking like this:


I had to adhere them using some foam left over from trimming my rubber stamps because they aren't flat on the back.

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
Image by Margaret Sherry as a freebie from Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine
Martha Stewart Swirling Lace border punch
Push pins purchased at Wal-Mart (Mainstays collection)
Ribbon from my stash



2 comments:

Mieke said...

What a beautiful and very sweet card! The "brads" are very nice!

Enfys said...

What a gorgeous card! Great use of the push pins Thanks for taking part in the going buggy challenge this month and good luck
hugs
Enfys x