blog template

June 9, 2014

New Beginnings V2.0

I wanted to get a card in for Mo's current challenge and how funny that the theme is new beginnings as well!  I found Maurie Manning's images a long time ago and Sumpin's Wrong was one of the first ones I bought.  I finally feel like I can do it justice. =)


I have had this card idea rolling around for a while, but it still took me forever to put it all together!  The little bits always seem to trip me up.  The stamp is colored with Copic's and I paper pieced the shirt.  I had this idea in my head that I wanted his shirt to be tan plaid.  Couldn't exactly tell you why though.  With all of the paper I own, can you believe I did not have the right color?!  I went in search online and found this gorgeous tan plaid digital paper on Granny Enchanted.  There are a lot of wonderful kits and freebies!  If you love paper, this is definitely the place for you!  The great thing about the digital paper is I could reduce the size of the plaid to fit the scale of the shirt and then use a larger version for the background paper!

Now I just have to wait for someone to have a little boy so I can give them this card. =)

Card measures 5" x 5"
Spellbinders Decorative Labels One
DeNami Design Congratulations
Basic Grey button (blue)
ribbon, lace, and buttons from my stash




No comments: