blog template

June 22, 2018

Epstein

Hello!  It is my turn over on the Rubbernecker Blog and I have another one of the new owls to share with you!


This sweet guy is Epstein.  He is available in unmounted red rubber.  I colored him with Copic markers.  I usually have no idea what direction I am going to go with a card until I actually start making it.  I found this scrap of paper in my basket and this card took off from there.  I pulled out my Nested Oval X Stitch dies and created the mats.  Then I cut out the stamp using the Nested Oval Small Stitch dies.  I wanted to carry the same design to the sentiment I stamped using the Best Friends Etc stamp set.  I didn't have a die that fit the bill, so I pulled out the Nested Rectangle X Stitch dies and the Nested Rectangle Small Stitch dies.  I used a stitched rectangle that was large enough that the top edge did not cut at the same time as the lower edge.  I cut the bottom edge of the sentiment and then moved it to cut the top edge.  I did the same thing with the panel behind it using the rectangle X stitch die.  I love when I can figure out a way to get some extra mileage from my dies.

If you are on Facebook, you should come join us in the new group for Rubbernecker Stamps fans.  You can share your projects, join in the challenge. and just discuss everything Rubbernecker.  We would love to see you there.

Card measures 4.25 x 5.5"
May Arts paper cord
I Am Roses flower
Pearl heart from my stash



No comments: