blog template

June 22, 2011

Red, White and Blue

The challenge for Meljen's Designs this week is to use the colors red, white and blue in your project.  As I looked through my Meljen's Designs images to try to decide which one to use, Raggy Jane's Trinkets jumped out at me. I loved the idea of coloring her with the challenge colors.  She is available in the Meljen's Designs corner of the Whimsy Stamps store.


I colored the image using crayons blended with baby oil.  Yep...that's right...crayons.  Since the baby oil works with wax based colored pencils, I thought I would give crayons a try.  You can't get any more wax based than that!!  I like how it turned out.  The gingham paper was a freebie digital download from Activity Village.  It comes in 24 colors.

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
All embellishments from stash


1 comment:

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful card, Rae Ann! Love the ric-rac with the bubble border!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments