blog template

March 21, 2012

White, White and More White!

The challenge this week at Meljen's Designs is to create a project with no color except for the image.  Yep!  You heard me right...using nothing but the color white!  The image can have color but all papers, embellishments and other add ons have to be white.  This challenge was hard for me to wrap my head around at first.  But I managed to come up with this:


I used Daisy Pitcher and colored it using a blender pen and various stamp pads from Stampin' Up!.  That technique created a light color wash.  I embossed some cardstock weight vellum in the Cuttlebug to give some texture to the background.  I used a border punch and more embossing on the strip across the center.  And of course because vellum is so hard to adhere, I used pearls in each corner to hide a glue dot.

I am pretty pleased with how this turned out and I was able to use up some white scraps in the process!

Come try your hand at creating an all white project!

Card measures 5.5" 4.25"
Intricate Swirl embossing folder from The Paper Studio
Stripes Textured Impressions embossing folder from Stampin' Up!
Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Punch
Ribbon and pearls from my stash




No comments: