blog template

December 14, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Hello MoonFlower fans!  I have a sparkly project for you today using Gina Christmas Elf.


I colored Gina Christmas Elf with Copics and cut her out using my Silhouette Cameo.  I can't tell you how happy I am to have that machine!  I use it all the time and it has made cutting out my digital stamps so much easier.  From fussy cutting to the out of the box technique...I am in heaven!

As I was digging through my scrap stash, I saw this paper and knew it was perfect for this card.  I am not a fan of the traditional red and green for Christmas, but I do love red and aqua!  The gingerbread man brads I bought on clearance were the perfect embellishment to go with this paper.

The curlicue was made from a piece of craft wire that I had left over from another project.  It is a pretty heavy gauge and was a little tough to twist, but I got there in the end!  The die was cut from a piece of red glitter card stock.  Unfortunately, I am still finding red glitter in places I shouldn't have glitter!  Ah well...guess I am looking super festive. =)

You can find Gina Christmas Elf in the shop.  While you are there, have a look at all of the other amazing digi stamps Andreia has created.  So beautifully detailed!  You can get one stamp for free each month just by signing up for the newsletter.  Pop over to the website and enter your email address in the form at the bottom of the page.  Watch for an email confirming your subscription.  If you don't click that link, you won't be subscribed and won't receive MoonFlower goodies each month.  You can still get Gigi Poinsettia for free if you subscribe before December 15th.


Isn't she adorable?!

Once you get your monthly freebie, come join us in the MoonFlower Digital Stamps group on Facebook.  You can share your project and see lots of other lovely projects that are shared.  Andreia has even been know to do a giveaway or two on occasion!

I look forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations!

Crafting When We Can has a Buttons Galore Challenge.  Gina wants to go show off her buttons in that challenge.

Sassy Studio Designs has a tic tac toe challenge.  Gina played with presents, flowers, and ribbon or lace and is going to visit the challenge.



Bunny Zoe's Crafts has a sparkle challenge.  Gina feels she has a lot of sparkle to offer and is going to visit the challenge.

Use Your Stuff has a Christmastime challenge.  Gina is going to visit and look at all of the holiday goodness happening in that challenge.

A Gem of a Challenge has a Christmas theme.  Gina is going to celebrate the holidays by visiting that challenge.

Card measures 5.5" x 5.5"
Spellbinders Floral Oval dies
The Paper Studio button (aqua & striped)
The Paper Studio gingerbread man brad
Basic Grey button (red)
Flowers, pearls, lace and craft wire from my stash



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful card! I love that red and blue combo! Great coloring as well. Thank you for joining our Christmas challenge at Use Your Stuff. Hope you will play with us again and Merry Christmas!
Tammy DT

Lori said...

This is such a cute card and you are right - that paper is a perfect match to that image! Thanks so much for joining our Christmas challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!

Shirl said...

Such a pretty Christmas card. Love all the little embellies that work so beautifully together, the pop of red sparkly & that image is just adorable. Thanks for playing along with us over at UYS - Hugs DT Shirl