blog template

November 18, 2015

Enjoy the Ride

Hello everyone.  Welcome back for another challenge over at Crafty Gals Corner.  This week we challenge you to use scraps!  I know I have a ton of scraps and I try to use them before I cut a new sheet of paper.  With all of the scraps I have, I will never cut a new sheet!


This is Enjoy the Ride from Graciellie Design.  Both the stamp and the sentiment were printed on Cryogen White.  I colored the bike with Copics and cut it out using my Silhouette Cameo.

All of the papers used on this card are from Paper Temptress.  Such gorgeous papers!  All of these scraps except for the red came from the previous project I did using Paper Temptress papers. The Red Pepper Epic Thick Columns was in a sample pack I received while at a craft retreat over the summer.  Also, the only paper that was not a scrap was the black base made from the Epic Black Thick Columns.   That sample pack started my love of Paper Temptress papers!  So much gorgeousness in one little bag!  The gold die cut is the Antique Gold Mica/Metallic in text weight.  The smaller die was cut from the Candido Incandescent in card stock weight.  The border was punched from Opal in card stock weight.  Both Candido and Opal have a lovely golden sheen to them.  It is hard to capture it in a photo, but in real life they are amazing!  I love that you can get the paper in various weights depending on what you will use it for. The layer under the sentiment is a scrap of Grandpa's Wallpaper overlay.  It is a gold pattern printed on acetate.  So gorgeous!  I wanted the roses to have a golden sheen to them as well, so I swiped my Wink of Stella gold pen over them.  It gave them the perfect touch.

I could go on all day about the papers from Paper Temptress!  But I should give you the rest of the details about the challenge.  We have four wonderful sponsors this week!  Click the badge to head over to the shop and feast your eyes on all of the loveliness!

Prize of Enjoy the Ride digital stamp set


Prize of 3 digital images

   Prize of a $25 gift certificate 


     
Prize of a $10 gift certificate

I hope to see all of your wonderful scrap projects.  Maybe they will give me an idea on how to use up more of mine!!

Fresh Brewed Designs has a So Thankful challenge.  This bike is going to roll by and play in the challenge.

Paper Craft Crew has a Give Thanks challenge.  This bike is stopping by to play in PCCC171.

Digi Choosday has a With Thanks challenge.  The bike is going to brake for that challenge.

Inspiration Destination has an Anything Goes challenge.  The bike is going to make that challenge its destination.

Art by Miran has an Anything Goes challenge.  This bike is going to visit and find someone to take for a ride.

Card measures 5.5" x 5"
Spellbinders Gold Labels 4
Martha Stewart Swirling Lace border punch
Dress it Up Grandma's Grab Bag buttons
Wink of Stella Gold and Clear
Recollections pearls




6 comments:

the PaperTemptress said...

Wow...thank you so much for your great write up.....your card is gorgeous too...and I am sure IRL it is truly stunning... Thanks sooo much for sharing..

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Hi Rae ann
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Digi choosday.
Hugs
Fiona GDT x

What I Created Next said...

Fabulous make. Really stylish. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday With Thanks challenge (DT)

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely Thank You card and thanks for sharing with us at DIGI CHOOSDAY with our thank you challenge hiope to see you joining in again this week.
Aunty Sue DT

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. I love the details on the bike along with the colors and the gold frame. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.