blog template

May 14, 2016

A Rose By Any Other Name

is Ashlee Rose!  Hello MoonFlower fans!  It is my turn to post a bit of MoonFlower inspiration both on the blog and here.  I chose Ashlee Rose for my project this time around.  I believe she is still the newsletter freebie.  If you sign up and confirm your subscription, you will receive her as a gift.


I colored Ashlee Rose with Copic markers and cut her out using the Silhouette.  She has a bit of clear Wink of Stella on her wings.  All fairy wings should sparkle, right?!

I tried a few new things with this project.  I made the rolled roses by crocheting some embroidery floss into the strip that I rolled into the rose.  I think it gives a fun shabby chic look.  I crocheted the leaves as well.  =)  I also pulled a couple of the threads in the satin ribbon to cause it to gather. I then sealed the ends with a lighter and put it on my card.  I think it adds some great dimension.

Did you know that MoonFlower Digi Stamps has a Facebook fan group?!  We do!  We share inspiration, sneak peeks and our love of MoonFlower stamps.  There is a current coloring challenge happening and we would love to see you play along if you are on Facebook!  Pop in and say "hi".

You can find all of the MoonFlower stamps on Etsy now.  The old site is gone so if you had it bookmarked, pop over and bookmark the new site.  Andreia has a great discount in the shop right now.  She is making it so easy to add to your collection.

I hope you will come share your MoonFlower projects with us.

A Gem of a Challenge has the theme of flowers this week.  Ashlee Rose is going to look at all of the beautiful flowers in that challenge.

Chocolate, Coffee and Cards has a Just Us Girls challenge.  Ashlee Rose is going to go visit all of the ladies in that challenge.

Craft Rocket has a flower power challenge.  Ashlee Rose loves flowers and is going to visit the challenge.

Lemon Shortbread has an anything goes challenge.  Ashlee Rose is going to go visit that challenge and play along.

Art by Miran has an anything goes challenge.  Ashlee Rose is up for anything and is going to visit that challenge.

Card measures 5.5" x 5.5"
Spellbinders Gold Labels Four
The Paper Studio lace
Basic Grey buttons
Michaels dollar bin enamel dots
Queen & Co pearls
Ribbon from my stash



2 comments:

Barbara Washburn said...

This is very pretty! And yes, wings should always have a little sparkle on them :) Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

Judy V said...

Pretty card Rae Ann! Love your crocheted roses! Thanks for sharing with us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!