blog template

March 5, 2017

Friendship Blooms

Welcome to Rubbenecker Sweet Sunday!  This week has been all about the sneak peeks of the new clear sets coming mid-month.  I used the new set #3002 for this card.  This set also has matching dies which I used for the flowers at the top of the banner.  They cut neatly and perfectly the first time through the machine.


To create the basket of flowers, I stamped the front layer of flowers then created a mask for each flower using a sticky note.  Then I stamped another layer of flowers to make it look like they were behind.  Then I stamped the foliage.  I again created a mask for each of the sets of leaves from a sticky note.  These were difficult to fussy cut.  I could have used the die, but it would have left a border that would cause the basket to look funny.  Once masked, I stamped the basket and colored it with Copic markers.  The bands have silver Wink of Stella on them for some shimmer.  The sentiment also comes from the same stamp set.  I doodled the border with a gel pen.  I usually avoid doodliing because I normally don't like how it turns out, but I love this border.  If you do as well, there is exciting news...it could be a stamp in the Rubbernecker shop one day!

Don't forget our challenge on the blog.  You could win some cash to spend in the shop and with the new clear sets coming, that would be amazing!

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
Recollections gems



1 comment:

Milka Gubo said...

WOW!! Rae Ann, this is amazing card!! Love it!! :o) xx