blog template

September 11, 2011

Tasty Treats Blog Hop

Welcome to my stop on the DeNami Design Tasty Treats blog hop.  You should have come here from Andrea's blog.  Andrea always has some amazing projects to share!  If you didn't you can always pop over to the DeNami Design blog if you would like to start from the beginning or get lost along the way.  This is my very first time participating in a blog hop and I am excited and nervous to share my projects with you! 


I used the stamps Espresso Scene, Three Line Border, and Coffee Latte Espresso.  I stamped Espresso Scene on Mellow Moss and white cardstock and pieced the cups onto the background after coloring them.  I hung the circles from baker's twine from the twinery and tied a twine bow. 

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
All cardstock Stampin' Up!-Mellow Moss and Early Espresso
Espresso twne-The Twinery
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Stampin' Up! Scallop Trim border punch

The second project I want to share was my project for the last DeNami Design challenge.  It fit the theme of the hop so I thought I would share it too.


I used Ice Cream Cone for this card.  I colored part of the image with Copic markers.  I used StazOn and stamped the image again on a foil wrapper from a chocolate egg.  I cut the scoops out and added them to the image.  I used Polka Dot Border for the background.

Card measures 4.25" 5.5"
Sentiment stamp & ribbon-Stampin' Up!

Now it is time for the all of the fine print and details!

The blog hop starts on September 11th at 6 AM, PST. However, you have until September 12, 2011, 11:59 pm PST, to leave comments on all the blogs (to be eligible for a prize).

Why should you hop you ask? Well other than huge amounts of inspiration to get your crafty blood pumping, DeNami Design is giving away a total of 3 $20 gift certificates.  One goes to a random participant (keeping my fingers crossed!) with design team members ineligible for the drawing.  The other two go to two random hoppers who leave comments along the hop.  So make sure to visit every page for your dose of inspiration and your chances to win

Your next stop on the inspiration train is Rochelle's blog.  I am sure she has some wonderful inspiration waiting for you.  Thanks for stopping by!







35 comments:

Tina M said...

I love both cards and the layouts (I recognize Nami's sketch for that second one :) Too cute!

Georgie Horn said...

your cards are lovely. I love your color choices.
Come by my blog for a little puddin n pie.
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/09/encouraging-words-magnet-swap.html

Tenia Nelson said...

I love both cards!!! Yeah...these blog hops are sooooo addicting!!!! Thanks for sharing your creations with us!!!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Sweet creations Rae Ann!

Laurie said...

Both cards are so fun! I love how you used the circles in the first one! Great job!

Michele Gross said...

Delightful cards! Love them :)

~Tammy~ said...

I love the warm rich colors of your first card and I love the bright and fun colors on the second, and I always swoon for the bling!

Unknown said...

Very nice cards. Love the LO of the first one. Thanks!

Lisa R. said...

Both cards are great but I LOVE the coffee card. Like how the circles look like they're hanging. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Lisa Petrella said...

Both of these are GREAT, but I just LOVE that first one!! The rich colors, the layout, the stripes you created with the Three Line Border stamp, those steamy mugs of yumminess---FABULOUS work!

Emily Keaton said...

What DARLING designs!! Great coffee card design, and I just love that sparkly ice cream cone. You used perfect colors for both!! Super work on both. :)

Kimberly said...

Both cards are great! I love the colors, stamps, and designs. Thanks for sharing! Kimberly

Heidi said...

Love both cards! So sweet!!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh I *heart* the espresso set. I think is has to do with my love of coffee...hehe

Great job on both cards!

Lindsey Wood said...

I love that the mugs are hanging! Very cute!

Brenda Lee said...

Fantastic use of the twine. I love both of your cards.

Amy Schumacher said...

Both cards are fabulous, but I ADORE your coffee card! Love how you used the baker's twine and the Three Line Border stamp!

Karen said...

Both cards are fantastice! Great job!

Unknown said...

Awesome cards!! I love how you split up the espresso cups and hung them from the baker's rack with the twine! Your ice cream looks so yummy! ;o)

Jennifer Lobdell said...

Love the way the polka dot background is complimented by the polka dot embossing. The circles are sweet too! I am going to have to steal your layout! LOL! TFS!

Lani said...

I can't decide which one I love more! Both are just adorable! I feel like getting an iced mocha now! :) I live the earth tones of the Espresso card, and that patterned paper you created is perfect. The second has all the best of bright colors! Love them!

Suzanne Bier said...

Both of your cards are fantastic! I especially love the coffee/espresso card...thanks so much for sharing them both!

laceyrane said...

very nice.. 2 cute cards.. tfs

CreativeJeaux said...

Great colors! TFS

Linda said...

Both cards are very cute...but the coffee one wins my heart! The colors and design are just so different and topped off with some twine!

Unknown said...

Rae Ann, love both cards! Great color combo for both stamps sets!

Paulina said...

Rae Ann, wow, you have outdone yourself on this one. I am completely in awe of your creativity on this card! Love how you made the circles dangle from the twine- such a GREAT idea! Really loving the warm, rich colors on this card, along with the addition of the Three Line Border. GREAT job on your card!!

imaginethat said...

I love everything about your card...and I'm not even a coffee drinker. The layout is awesome and very creative & the colors are perfect. Thanks a latte for posting and sharing!

Sue D said...

Both cards are wonderful. I like the color combos.

Kristy Smith said...

WOW these cards are each fabulous! I love the colors and the twine and glitter details! =)

Crafty Math Chick said...

These are terrific! I like the green/brown color combo for your coffee card and I like all the sparkle you added to your ice cream scoops too!

Larissa Heskett said...

THANKS for sharing!! I LOVE this!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Andrea M said...

Rae Ann, these cards are AMAZING!!! WOW! Absolutely yummy, gorgeous creations!

Kathy Mc said...

Both of your cards are simply divine. Love your color choices and layouts. If I had the supplies, I'd CASE them for sure. Great inspiration ~ thanks for sharing!

Carol Hartery said...

I especially love your first card. It is amazing. I'll have to borrow that idea for a card for my daughter. Thanks.