blog template

September 7, 2011

Tiptoe Through the Tulips

The challenge at Meljen's Designs this week is to use only solid cardstock.  Patterned paper is not allowed this week.  Sounds easy doesn't it...not so much.  I often rely on patterned paper to add a bit of texture or punch to a solid area.  I had to come up with other ways to get the same punch.


I used the image Tulip Buggies and colored with Prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil.

I created the panel by spraying my Cuttlebug Birds & Swirls embossing folder with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Patina and Frost.  I used that to emboss a piece of white cardstock.  I embossed the background using my Cuttlebug as well.  I created faux stitching with a white Signo gel pen.

In case you haven't heard, Melissa Jenkins, owner of Meljen's Designs has opened her very own shop.  All of her images are 50% off until tomorrow!  You can also participate in a blog hop to celebrate and could win 4 images!  The design team came up with some wonderful inspiration.  Go check it out!

Card measures 4.25" 5.5"
Cuttlebug Birds & Swirls embossing folder; Swiss Dots embossing folder
Dew Drops by The Robin's Nest
ribbon and flowers from my stash


No comments: